June 2, 2018 – June 29, 2018
Purple Valley, Goa, India
One-of-a-kind in its approach, this one month Ashtanga Intensive will feature two guided ‘retreat’ days each week, to help you deepen your own practice, as well as four intensive teaching skills study days each week and a full day of rest.
Retreat days will include chanting, meditation, dynamic and restorative asana, pranayama, contemplation/journaling and silence. Study days will cover:
- Skilful, hands-on adjustments for Primary Series asana and some Intermediate Series asana
- Methodology for applying and teaching sound structural alignment in asana
- Effective use of props
- Modifications and variations for different bodies and abilities
- Teaching techniques for asana and meditation – use of voice, demonstration and effective teaching points
- Teaching and assisting practice
- Sequencing of classes (for beginners and mixed level classes)
- Yoga anatomy and its practical application in asana with Stu Girling
- Injury prevention
- Yoga Philosophy – presented in an accessible, applicable and inspiring manner
By the end of the month you will be established in daily meditation and Mysore-style practice and we hope you will be feeling deeply connected to your own practice, ready to confidently share your knowledge and inspiration with your students.
This course is suitable for students and teachers who already have an established, regular Ashtanga practice. Please note that only the Krishna Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Institute can grant you an official authorisation or certification to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
Make a booking
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking enquiry.
To check out the location please visit the host’s website: Purple Valley Yoga Centre.